The UCSC (Union City Sport Complex) committee is a group of Union City community volunteers with representation from the UCASD administration, past student athletes, former and current coaches, school staff members, parents, and other adjacent community-minded organizations (UCASD school board, Union City Community Foundation, Bears Club, etc.). We are a 501c3 non-profit organization falling under the umbrella of the UCASD Foundation.
Kyle Blakeslee - Chair
Troy Reynolds - Vice Chair
Jeanie Kesselring - Secretary
Doug Hopson - Treasurer
Building and Grounds Planning and Design
Information Technology and Social Media:
The current outdoor sports complex, located next to the high school, was last renovated in 1985 – 1986. Many from our community have made and shared positive memories on this complex through various activities including football, baseball, softball, track & field, cross country, band, cheerleading, and several community events. Unfortunately, the overall condition of this facility has declined over the past 35 years. There are various renovations which are needed that the UCASD will struggle to support financially in the foreseeable future:
· The concession stand restrooms are unusable, and the building structure is in poor condition:
· The baseball and softball dugouts are in poor condition. Temporary repairs are being pursued to make them safe for use short term, but they need to be replaced in the near future.
· The press box structure is in poor condition. Additionally, it is located on the south side of the football field where it can be used for football and track events only. A relocation to the north side of the football field would allow it to be used for baseball and softball games as well, and will transform the larger and nicer bleachers on the north side to the home seating.
· The condition of the track is generally poor, along with the field event areas (long and triple jump, throwing, pole vault). There is an increasing amount of moss and algae growth on the track, particularly on the north end.
· The football, baseball, and softball fields are generally acceptable but far from ideal. There are much uneven terrain and drainage issues that compromise the experience and safety of our student athletes, particularly during times of poor weather.
We will partner with the Union City Area School District (UCASD) to foster positive transformation to the school’s outdoor sports complex. We will use our non-profit status to solicit non-taxpayer funds and act as project managers to facilitate renovations and new building projects that the UCASD would not be able to facilitate otherwise. Our goal is to support long lasting facility improvements which will enhance the experience of our athletics and adjacent activities, as well as the use of the sports complex as a shared resource in our Union City community.
If you'd like to donate. You can send a check made payable to:
Memo: Athletic Complex
Union City Area School District
107 Concord Street
Union City, PA 16438